1. Make sure your meat thermometer works prior to T-day
2. Yes, it is important to rotate Big Bird when you’re tying to smoke a turkey is cold weather.
3. Propane is not as bad as I’ve said it is in the past, truth be told she can keep a smoker pretty cozy on a cold day.
4. You can smoke a 12 lbs. turkey with two 1 lbs. propane camp tanks (roughly, see lesson #1 & #2, she wasn’t fully cooked, but I had some propane left)
5. You can convert your wood burning smoker to propane given enough time, patience, and stubbornness.